You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
Khalil Gibran (January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931) was a Lebanese-American artist, poet, andin the town of Bsharri in the north of modern-day is chiefly known in the English-speaking world for his 1923 book The Prophet, an early example of inspirational fiction including a series of philosophical essays written in poetic English prose. The book sold well despite a cool critical reception, gaining popularity in the 1930s and again especially in the 1960s counterculture. Gibran is the third best-selling poet of all time, behind Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu.
The Prophet is a book of 26 prose poetry essays written in English by Kahlil Gibran. It was originally published in 1923. It is Gibran’s best known work. The Prophet has been translated into over forty different languages and has never been out of print. In this book a Prophet who is about to board a ship is stopped by a group of people, with whom he discusses topics such as life and the human condition.
This book has a way of speaking to people at different stages in their lives. It has a magical quality, the more you read it the more you come to understand the words and it’s not filled with any kind of dogma and is available to anyone.
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
Even as the stone of the fruit must break,
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.
And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life,
your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
And you would accept the seasons of your heart,
even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.
Much of your pain is self-chosen.
It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquillity,
For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips,
has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.”
Strange, the desire for certain pleasures is a part of my pain.
“Hearts united in pain and sorrow
will not be separated by joy and happiness.
Bonds that are woven in sadness
are stronger than the ties of joy and pleasure.
Love that is washed by tears
will remain eternally pure and faithful.”
Related Articles you may like :
- Temperance: Eat not to Dullness. Drink not to Elevation.
- Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself. Avoid trifling Conversation.
- Order: Let all your Things have their Places. Let each Part of your Business have its Time.
- Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve.
- Frugality: Make no Expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. Waste nothing.
- Industry: Lose no Time. Be always employed in something useful. Cut off all unnecessary Actions.
- Sincerity: Use no hurtful Deceit. Think innocently and justly; and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
- Justice: Wrong none, by doing Injuries or omitting the Benefits that are your Duty.
- Moderation: Avoid Extremes. Forbear resenting Injuries so much as you think they deserve.
- Cleanliness: Tolerate no Uncleanness in Body, Clothes or Habitation.
- Tranquility: Be not disturbed at Trifles, or at Accidents common or unavoidable.
- Chastity: Rarely use venery but for Health or Offspring; Never to Dullness, Weakness, or the Injury of your own or another’s Peace or Reputation.
- Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
i am not me i am absolute,there nothing in this world which is relative to me.
my existence is absolute,i don’t have any desire nor any aim,
i don’t have any success nor failure,
there’s nothing in this world which can make me feel good nor anything which makes me feel bad,
there’s nothing which makes me feel strong nor which makes me feel weak,
there’s nothing like friends or enemy of mine nor i have any relationships,
there’s no feelings in me nothing can make happy nor sad,
i am not a body nor i am organs,
there’s nothing which can destroy me nor anything can re-create me,
i was not born nor i will die ,
i am not a truth nor a lie,
there’s nothing which can bound me nor anything can make me free,
i am not good nor evil,
there’s nothing which can teach me nor anything can learn from me,
i am not matter nor energy,
there’s nothing which can define me,
i don’t have any start nor i have any end……………………………………….